Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way to make money. Always gamble responsibly and within your means. If you are worried about your gambling or affected by someone else’s gambling, don’t hesitate to contact GamStop for help.
At EasyMoneyJackpot, we want our readers to have fun while gambling responsibly. Gambling can be a great form of entertainment, but it should never be seen as a way to make money. Always bet within your means and never spend more than you can afford to lose.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, please contact GamStop for help. GamStop is a leading provider of information, advice, support, and free counselling to prevent and treat problem gambling. You can reach them at 0800 138 6518 or via their website.
At Easymoneyjackpot, we are committed to promoting a safe gaming environment for all our users. On this page, you will find information on the steps we have taken to ensure a safe gambling environment for our readers.
In addition, EasyMoneyJackpot has partnered with licensed and reputable online casinos. We have researched to provide readers with a safe, secure, and enjoyable gaming experience.
If you feel that your gambling habits have started to cause issues in any area of your life, please reach out immediately through one of the below links or phone numbers.
What is Responsible Gaming?
Playing games responsibly means playing them sensibly and measuredly while avoiding excessive gameplay. This ensures that gamers have fun while avoiding the potential risks of online gambling. Gambling that is not managed effectively can lead to severe financial, emotional, and even social costs for the gambler.
How To Spot Problem Gambling
Problem gamblers often exhibit certain behaviours when they gamble:
- They may show signs of addiction, such as compulsive behaviour and withdrawal symptoms.
- They may also develop an inability to control their spending, resulting in debt problems.
- They may become secretive about their gambling activities and lie about how much they’ve spent.
- They may gamble away savings or borrow large sums of money from friends or family members.
Gambling Addiction Treatment Options
GamStop offers services designed to help people who struggle with addictive behaviours, including problem gambling. These include:
Support groups – GamStop runs several support groups where people can share experiences and learn new skills together.
Counselling – GamStop provides confidential counselling services for those suffering from problem gambling.
Self-help guides – GamStop publishes self-help guides to help people understand and manage their gambling.
Online resources – GamStop produces various educational materials to help people identify and overcome problematic gambling.
GamStop helpline – GamStop operates a helpline service where people can get expert advice and guidance on managing their gambling.
These tips can help you to be safe when gambling.
1.Don’t think of betting as a way to make a lot of money. The casino is making money by offering gambling games. You will eventually give away more money than what you receive. Just like buying a concert ticket, gambling is an entertainment expense.
2. Only gamble with money that you can afford to lose. Gamble within your weekly budget, not with your bills or rent budgets.
3. Set a budget in advance. Before you go to play, decide how much you can afford not to win. When it’s gone, it’s gone. If you win, congratulations! But don’t be disappointed if you don’t keep winning.
4. Set a time limit for yourself in advance. It’s easy to get lost in the moment when you’re gambling. Set a time limit for yourself, and when that time’s up, stop. The longer you bet, the more likely you will lose your money.
5. Don’t chase your losses. If you lose your initial money limit and try winning some of it back before leaving, you haven’t set a money limit. If you chase your losses, you’ll usually have bigger and bigger losses.
6. When you’re depressed or upset, decision-making can be more challenging. It would be best only to gamble when you feel happy and clear-headed.
7. When gambling becomes your only form of entertainment, it’s unlikely you’re still just gambling because you enjoy it. And if you’re gambling because you need to get something out of it, you might have a problem. Don’t let gambling be your only hobby.
8. Don’t take your credit card with you. It’s an excellent way to safeguard against losing your money limit
9. If you gamble continuously, you may lose track of time and get distracted by the game. Take regular breaks.
10. Don’t gamble if you’re drinking or using drugs. Drugs and alcohol can cloud your judgement, and sound judgement is your best line of defence against letting your gambling get out of hand.
Problem Gambling Resources For Ireland
GamStop Helpline Number
10 am to 8 pm, seven days a week.
BeGambleAware Helpline Number
24 hours, seven days a week.
c/o Gambling Awareness Trust
25-28 North Wall Quay,
Dunleavy Addiction Services
Phone From Ireland: 1800 936 725